[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MediaMVP as a Frontend?

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Sun Jan 11 02:33:19 EST 2004

It can't play MPEG4 or RTJPEG but mine can definitely play the MPEG2 files
produced by my DVB card. It will probably play the PVRx50 generated files
without problems. It also can't decode AC3 audio which is broadcast on some
DVB channels.

The MPEG2 decoding is done in hardware so to decode MPEG4 it will probably
need to be done in software. Something it may not be capable of.

I have used Dom's code to play files across the network fairly easily.
Seeking doesn't work.

It is something I would like to work on but I just don't have the time.

Since all the screens are generated on the server (i.e. what mythbackend
would run on), it should be possible.

CH