[mythtv-users] Losing buffered TV in Live mode (feature request)

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at megacom.net
Sun Jan 11 17:21:54 EST 2004

I've had the same problem , this is so irritating.
like you are watching a movie it's finished in live but you are 20
minutes behind , then
for some reason you accidentaly switch the channel and you just missed
the ending .

Could it be possible to have some kind of remanent buffer ? instead of
deleting the buffer at exit or changing
channel , mythtv would alway keep the buffer full (even when not
watching live tv) maybe recording could read
the data from the buffer so when you have the 15 first minutes of a
program in the buffer and you start recording it
mythtv read those 15 minutes from the buffer.

Also I think before the buffer only got deleted when you exited live tv
, so you were watching something you
switched channel , then you rewinded and saw what you were watching
before on the previous channel (I think
mythtv seeked to the end of the buffer on changing channel too). I think
, for most , this would be prefered behavior .

regards,

-----
Jean-Francois Perreault