[mythtv-users] DMA problems again

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Jan 12 03:35:10 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 22:11, Tony Maro wrote:

> The disable apic support suggestion is likely the correct answer.  You
> have two options, either recompile your kernel removing the "local APIC
> support" or disable it at boot with your boot manager.

You can disable APIC at boot time, to disable local APIC, which is most
likely to be causing problems, you have to recompile the kernel. Kernel
2.6. has a boot time option, 2.4. hasn't.

> I googled this and found many different options suggested for boot time
> to disable APIC, so I just put them all into my line and these problems
> went away.
>
> in lilo.conf look for the kernel you are booting and make sure the
> following entries are in your "append" line:
>
> noapic nolapic pci=noacpi acpi=off

nolapic is a 2.6 kernel option, 2.4. will neglect it.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough