[mythtv-users] mythtranscode options

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Jan 12 09:02:44 EST 2004

Okay, that shows me the options, but doesn't really solve my problem.
I'm trying to rip DVD's and I get an error that it can't find the
transcode daemon.

Should I have mythtranscode, or transcode, running all the time? Or when
you rip a DVD should it load it? I tried entering the full path to
transcode in the DVD's setup, but that didn't help.
I have:
/usr/local/bin/mythtranscode
/usr/bin/transcode

Thanks,