[mythtv-users] Nuvexport

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jan 12 14:23:12 EST 2004

> I try to transcode my *.nuv files with nuvexport. But I have got some
> problems. First, --debug doesnt work! Divx, wmv, mencoder-vcd,
> mencoder-svcd works - but the transcode-vcd and transcode-svcd profiles
> doesnt. Unfortunately I cant see any error messages of transcode because
> nuvexport clears the screan at once.
> Any hints?

--debug works fine.  but only the SVCD module actually supports it.  The
same goes for the non-interactive command-line commands (which I've
finally seemingly ironed out the bugs on).

the transcode-xxx modules only work on mpeg-based nuv files (and I still
haven't received a patch to check for this, or had time to do it
myself).  They use transcode, which you pointed out does not understand
nuv.  If it did, I'd probably replace all of the modules with
transcode-based ones, since it's much better at doing things like
denoise, etc.

Actually, I'd be happy to take transcode-based modules that act upon the
raw-data fifos.  I don't know how to use transcode, so I haven't
bothered with it.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer