[mythtv-users] Removing old kernels

John F DeLuca mythtv at johnfdeluca.com
Mon Jan 12 18:29:59 EST 2004

I'm a newbie to Linux and am therefore grateful to everyone for such a
fine product and for (thanks to Jarod's guide and Axel's rpms) an easy
install process.  I have a question or two about the kernel installs via
Axel's rpms...

As I update to get latest ivtv drivers or something, I've found that I
also need to update my kernel as Axel usually keeps things like drivers
etc for only the most recent kernel.  Anyway, I have ended up with 4-5
kernels in the boot list.  While I assume this does no harm, is it
recommended to remove these, and if so how?  Do I just apt-get remove and
edit my grub.conf?