[mythtv-users] M179 Problem / Jarod's Fedora Guide

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 12 23:26:56 EST 2004

On Jan 12, 2004, at 16:26, <Emlyn.Bolton at nokia.com> wrote:

> I think I had the same problem with the static.
>
> What I found out was I forgot to add bt848 support to my kernel, so
> the tuner module didn't get built and hence ivtv couldn't tune the
> card to the right channel.
>
> Once I'd recompiled the kernel, it was fine.

Shouldn't be a problem if he's using either a stock Red Hat kernel or
an ATrpms kernel, as they already have bt8x8 support in the kernel. The
only other solution I can recall people having for static like that was
to make sure their cable line was properly grounded.

--jarod

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/