[mythtv-users] Suggestion for MythNEWS

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Tue Jan 13 14:23:10 EST 2004

Robert Krig wrote:

>This might have been suggested before, since it would seem as the next logical step, but here it goes.
>
>How about making MythNews into a fully capable RSS reader? I.e. not just being able to read the headlines but also actually press a button on the remote and have the appropriate webpage displayed. The webpage would of course be displayed in a way so that you can actually read it on a tv screen.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  It's very frustrating just
getting the headline as the headline consists solely of the first couple
sentences and doesn't usually summarize the news item very well.  I
originally felt stupid about sharing this with the list but now that
someone else has brought it up I think it would be a great step to take.

James