[mythtv-users] A few newbie type questions

Nick Gilbert nick at nickgilbert.com
Wed Jan 14 10:40:35 EST 2004

> Interesting point, I've been hacking my hackserver to display via PAL-I
> (Uk and hongkong) in 720x576 res using a nvidia MX440. Works very well
> until somebody moves a bit fast at which point it can gets blurred.
> Switching on XVMC seems to fix it completely although I can't help but
> think its a little "unreal" somehow.. Still "work in progress"..

What's XVMC?

> Oddly enough I've noticed quite a lot of mythtv users rating the PVR-350
> (Cable ready according to the blurb) so maybe you should look in that
> direction.

Well although it's "Cable ready", it's only analog cable ready, and
can't decode the digital channels supplied by my cable provider (NTL
UK). I wish it could though...

> No bother.. Let the list know how you get on.. Always interesting seeing
> people successess..

I will do... but I'm a bit scared of it :) I haven't really touched
linux since uni - where it was our desktop OS (5 years ago). And it
didn't even have a stable web browser then...

Nick...