[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crashes if I let it run all night...

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 14 11:26:07 EST 2004

I've just got my myth box working with 1 PVR-250 and I'm running
mythfrontend on the monitor.

Two nights ago I decided to let it run over night and see what happens.  In
the morning it was still running so I pressed "I" to see what channel it was
on and the screen went black and my monitor to sleep.  ctrl alt backspace,
ctrl alt F1 etc. didn't do anything.  I ssh'd into the box and typed
"reboot".  Nothing happened.  I did "kill <pid of mythfrontend>" then "kill
<pid of mythbackend> and it showed as <defunct> so I had to "kill -9 <pid of
mythbackend>" then I had to "kill -9 <pid of X>" and only then did the box
reboot.

Last night I tried the same thing.  Left myth run over night.  This morning
I was able to hit "I" and it showed up the display.  I did the left arrow
thing so see how far back I could go and it went back 2h12m (5 gig file size
limit I have set).  Then I tried to change channels and mythfrontend crashed
and left this in the console window open in KDE.

[mpeg1video @ 0x897e528]ac-tex damaged at 17 6
[mpeg1video @ 0x897e528]concealing errors
[mpeg1video @ 0x897e528]Warning MVs not available
forced unpause
[mpeg1video @ 0x897e528]warning: first frame is no keyframe
[mpeg1video @ 0x897e528]ac-tex damaged at 3 28
[mpeg1video @ 0x897e528]concealing errors
Segmentation fault
[root at localhost malcolm]#

When the box is freshly booted everything works fine.  Can myth not stand to
be running very long?  OR is it possably because doing the mythfrontend on
the box like that is software decoding and has the CPU pegged at 100%
continuesly?

In case it makes a difference here's what I'm running
PIII 500
256 Megs Ram
Mandrake 9.2 running a custom compiled 2.4.24 kernel
Myth 0.13 compiled from source
ivtv 0.17 (for the PVR-250 of course)

Thanks for any tips or pointers.
Malcolm