[mythtv-users] PVR-350 + PVR-350 or PVR-350 + PVR-250

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Wed Jan 14 13:29:49 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:22:55PM -0500, John F DeLuca wrote:
> PVR-350 in it and I am contemplating another video capture / tuner card. I
> am still a newbie at all this so it may be a dumb question but is there
> any benefit to getting another PVR-350 or is that redundant....

Unless you intend to hook up another TV, a second 350 won't get you
anything except less cash in your pocket.

> If PVR350 #1 is recoding a show and I want to watch live TV, then I'd
> benefit from another PVR350, right?  Cause if I understand, livetv is
> simultaneous encoding and decoding, right?  And am I correct, only the
> PVR-350 does both?  I have an old BT8x8 card as well but watching live TV

As far as Myth is concerned, the encoding and decoding functions on
the 350 are independent.  So Myth is perfectly capable of recording a
show using the 350's encoder and, at the same time, recording live TV
using a 250's encoder and displaying it using the 350's decoder.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com