[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crashes if I let it run all night...

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Wed Jan 14 15:06:13 EST 2004

On Wed, January 14, 2004 1at 1:37 am, Malcolm wrote:

> I did notices this in my /var/log/messages
>
> Jan 14 01:15:18 localhost kernel: ivtv: Got DMA-done, but not expecting
> one
> Not sure what that means or if that would be an issue?  It shows up in
> /var/log/messages every so often.

I get those too on occasion, but does recording does not stop.  Then
again, I haven't let it record all night, either, but haven't had any
issues recently with 2-3hour recordings, either.

Best bet at this point is to check the ivtv-devel archives, there's been a
lot of discussion lately regarding recording hangs and a number of people
are investigating the issue so you are not alone.  Give the pci-latency
patch a shot, that may improve things as well if your motherboard/bios has
set the latency of the card too low (check lspci -vv)

-Dave