[mythtv-users] mythbackend hang when switching from livetv to recording

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Wed Jan 14 15:22:03 EST 2004

I left mythfrontend watching livetv with PiP (I have two PVR-250s) when a
scheduled recording started.

The scheduled recording started and and finished on the backend as
expected after stopping one of the LiveTV streams.

However, as soon as this happenned the front end started producing the
"Waited 2 seconds" messages.  While this was going on, one of the LiveTV
streams continued displaying properly on the frontend but the PiP had
disappeared (as expected) and the frontend no long responded to the
keyboard.

Restarting the frontend revealed that the backend was no longer responding
as well.

Restarted both resulted in an operation system again.

Anyone else experience this?  Is this a known bug?  Fixed in CVS already?
If not, I can look into debugging this issue further.

Thanks,
Dave