[mythtv-users] What format are myth's .muv files

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 15 16:33:12 EST 2004

> I'm just starting to get this going, and I've recorded several shows. I
> find the shows are in files with an extension of .muv, and the file command
> doesn't know what format they are.
> So, what format are they?

for one, it's nuv, not muv.  They are nupplevideo files, modified
slightly from the nupplevideo spec.  There is a little information on
them in the "general info" page on mythtv.org.

As for "file"..  It only knows what it's been told to know (it looks at
the file contents, not the extension).  There are a lot of files that it
doesn't recognize.

BTW, I went looking for a link to the FAQ, which I assume has this info
in it, but couldn't find one on the mythtv page.  Shouldn't there be a
link somewhere, or is there even an updated FAQ at the moment?

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer