[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping with MythDVD - couple of questions (AC3, subtitles & CD-automount)

Tim Harvey tharvey at alumni.calpoly.edu
Thu Jan 15 21:56:20 EST 2004

Could anyone explain what happens to the AC3 audio and subtitles when
MythDVD rips a 'perfect' quality dvd?  Its my understanding that with
this setting it just decrypts the VOB and otherwise doesn't touch those
things.  This would mean that you have a perfect copy of all AC3 audio
tracks correct?  If that is the case, would it be an appropriate change
to MythDVD to disable these if 'Perfect' quality is selected?

I've also been running into an issue on both my RH9 system and my FC1
system where once a DVD is inserted in the drive, a 'konqeror' window
pops up with the contents of the DVD, right over the top of MythTV.
This would be a general Linux (KDE?) question but I have been unable to
figure out how to disable this 'AutoStart' type of behavior.  Similarly
when MythDVD completes the rip, I can't eject the DVD without doing a
'unmount /dev/cdrom'.  Is the solution adding a feature to MythDVD that
does this when a rip is complete?

Thanks for any info,

Tim