[mythtv-users] Frontend Not Connecting to Backend When Trying to Watch TV

Alfonso Lopez lebouf at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 15 19:44:04 EST 2004

Here's my problem, I pray someone knows whats going on.  When I start my
backend server I am fed this ouput and only this ouput:

lebouf at jacobo lebouf $ mythbackend -v
Running as a slave backend.
2004-01-14 19:21:53 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
2004-01-14 19:21:54 - Connecting to master server: 127.0.0.1:6543
2004-01-14 19:21:54 - Connected.

And it sits there.  I don't know if this is good or bad as I am just
getting started with the whole mythtv thing.  So I proceed to the
frontend.  I start the front end, hit "TV" and then hit "Watch TV".  I
am greeted with a blank screen.  The entire terminal output during these
steps is as follows:

lebouf at jacobo lebouf $ mythfrontend -v
2004-01-14 19:25:17 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543

And the frontend, like its backend counterpart, just sits there.  Therin
lies my problem. My System:

Gentoo Linux running 2.6.1
1GHz AMD Athlon on an Asus A7v with 256 pc133 SDRAM
AverTV card (I dunno which one, but it is the 878 chipset)
nVidia GeForce fx video card
SB Live!

If this is a previously solved problem I offer my deepest apologies.
Feel free to flame me but please add a link, because, as my writing this
email should make evident, I have scoured the documenation and
newsgroups and forums and google to no avail.