[mythtv-users] [OT] Dell Dimensions (and Poweredge)...

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:11:53 EST 2004

Just a quick comment on my experiences with dell.

I purchased a dell refurbished desktop last summer and it has been great;
it's quiet, never crashes, and was well worth the money i paid. The only
marginal aspect of it was the 250W power supply it shipped with (boggle),
but that has been fine.

On the flip side, i purchased a monitor from them a month ago and they
royally screwed up my order, shipping and charging me for two. It was a $850
monitor and they said i'd have to wait 30-40 days to receive credit
(shipping + credit time) for the return, even though it was their fault.
After this, i looked around at their reseller rating (horrible) and their
rating on pricegrabber (also horrible).

So, basically, yes dell has great prices and good products, but if you have
any hiccups on your order be wary; they have very poor customer service
(still being outsourced to bangladesh) and have a long history of customer
issues. I highly recommend ordering online only, if you call them you only
risk having one of their employess mess something up.

My $.02
-Dan