[mythtv-users] Mythgame and PVR 350

Clay claybo at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 16 16:06:51 EST 2004

Hey everyone,

I want to play NES and SNES games with mythgame.  However, with the
latest mythgame CVS and MythTV CVS from a couple days ago (as well as
every other version I've tried for the past two weeks), I have two
visible problems with my goal -- and possibly more, but I haven't been
able to find them out yet.

First, mythgame will NOT display my SNES games.  When I start up
mythgame, every single time it says it's looking for my SNES games
(doesn't do this when the specified ROMs folder is empty) and after
stalling for about five seconds (stalls at 50% even though I only have
two games in there) it comes up with nothing for the SNES in the menu.
What could be wrong?  Could it be that the games have the wrong suffix?
  I've tried .snes, .rom, and .smc.  Could it be that they're not
zipped?  I've tried gzipping them.  NES games, on the other hand, DO
show up in the menu.

Second problem: what NES and SNES emulators will work and display on
the PVR 350?  For example, I can't use fceultra because it needs SDL to
work, so when I try to open it up, there is an SDL error saying no
video devices available.  Are there any emulators that just use raw CPU
to play games, which I'm assuming is the only way to display them on
the PVR 350's framebuffer?

Thank you so much for any help!  MythTV has been INCREDIBLE so far to
me, so if I could get this to work, it will just be even more icing on
the cake.