[mythtv-users] How to set hue contrast brightness saturation pvr-250

Richard S anewbeginning2004 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:50:40 EST 2004

I finally upgraded my system to CVS on 1/7/2004 love the great progress and
dedicated work by all. I am definitely a user only I don't have the skills
to do any more. I also have to commend the ivtv team with the latest 0.1.9
that I put on early yesterday solved two frequent but intermittent issues
namely tinny sound and corrupt video (glitched mt pvr-250 to need reset but
that is fixed now also).

System:
Gentoo
PVR-250 (I think rev 1 not sure if it matters)
mythTV CVS from 1/7/2004
IVTV 0.1.9 (release candidate 1/13/2004)

My question is this. With my previous set-up (pre 0.11 not sure but it was
put on in September and has worked great non stop since then). I used to set
the the brightness, contrast, saturation and hue from the command line and
these settings would remain until I would restart Mythtv but now Mythtv
seems to overide these with defaults whenever I watch live TV or it records
something.

Commands I used before:
/root/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -y brightness=140

/root/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -y contrast=80

/root/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -y saturation=63

/root/ivtv/utils/test_ioctl -y hue=7

I tried using the F1-F8 keys but nothing happens. I must be missing
something obvious since no one else seems to be having this problem. HELP
please my recordings are too dark (usasble just not optimal).

Thanks ALL!!!!!