[mythtv-users] Slow video, Max CPU, bad sound

myth at ahpee.org myth at ahpee.org
Fri Jan 16 18:05:32 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:35:03AM -0600, David Peach wrote:
> I am a week and a half into this installation and I still do not have it
> working. Would I be better off by dumping it all and starting over? Maybe
> with compiling everything myself instead of using the RPMs? That sounds
> very drastic to me and I really don't want to have to do that.

I've been at it for about 6 weeks now and still no acceptably working
system for me either. I have a very similar hardware setup to you
  Athlon 1.4
  512 Mb RAM
  PixelView bt878 Capture Card
  Sound Blaster 128

I 've been getting the static problem recently too. I haven' t been able to
attribute it to any in particular yet but sound seems a bit screwed in general
for me. I'm also getting solid hardware lockups after a random period of time
that are frustrating the debug process. I'v probably got some flaky hardware
in the system somewhere.

I'm not going to give up because there are a lot of people on the list
who have successfully working systems are are extremly happy with them.

Cheers,

Tim