[mythtv-users] Change brightness and contrast

Richard S anewbeginning2004 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 20:57:59 EST 2004

I followed the advice and it appears to work perfectly and is the same for
live TV as for recording of the same channel. I can't confirm for sure but
it looks like the database stores the settings by channel as stated and is
used for both live TV and Recording (even states REC in the adjustment
window). I am using the CVS from 1/7/2004 and the IVTV 0.1.9 from 1/13/2004.

While watching Live TV, use the 'g' key to cycle
through brightness, contrast, "colour", and hue. Then
use the left and right arrows to adjust them.

Note that these settings are stored on a per-channel
basis, so you'll either have to set them up for each
channel you watch, or set it up for one channel, and
manually run a mysql command to set all channels to
use the picture settings for the channel you updated.

Hope this helps and definitely use IVTV 0.1.9 not 0.1.7