[mythtv-users] [OT] Dell Dimensions (and Poweredge)...

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 00:47:57 EST 2004

>From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] [OT] Dell Dimensions (and Poweredge)...
>Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:26:39 -0800
>
>Still veering further off-topic, but...

>>>Note his comment about the Cinema HD display.
>>
>>Note my comment about the display being "surely worth a pileful of
>>money."  Even at $3000, he should be able to get a lot more computer
>>for the other two grand, which was my point.
>
>So you're saying that I'd get a whole lot more computer for my money by
>going Opteron than G5, but you also said you don't ever use a Mac. Well, I
>use both Linux and Mac OS X (as well as Windows at work, when I have to),
>so I kinda feel like I'm a bit more qualified to judge how much computer
>I'd be getting for my money (emphasis on *my* money). By all means,
>everyone else get the Opteron if it suits you better, but don't belittle
>another platform if you don't really know that much about it. I get a
>helluva lot more out of my money getting a dual G5 than I do an Opteron,
>but that's me. ;-)
>
>--
>Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
>
>Got a question? Read this first...
>     http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
>     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
><< PGP.sig >>

Dr. Samuel Johnson: Olson Johnson is right. What kind of people are we
anyhow? I say we stay and fight it out!
Gabby Johnson: [indistinct]
Howard Johnson: Dr. Samuel Johnson's right about Olson Johnson being right.
And I'm not giving up my ice cream parlor, that I built with these two
hands, for nothing or nobody.
[murmuring]
Sam Johnson: Howard Johnson is right!
Van Johnson: Right!
Howard Johnson: Thank you, Van.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  You tell 'em Jarod!!

Can't we all just get along?    ;-)))

-- Harry O.