[mythtv-users] OSD and Overscan...

Mark Frey markfrey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 17 14:45:31 EST 2004

I'm very happy with my current TV display, but I have one problem that I
wonder if there is a solution I'm missing.

I am using the S-Video out of my Nvidia 5200 video card with the Nvidia
binary drivers, running at 640x480 resolution with overscan set to 1.0.
With this setup the picture is excellent and the image I see is identical to
that which I see through the normal tuner in my TV in terms of scaling,
viewable size, etc.

I adjust the GUI size in TV Settings, General Settings such that the UI
screens are all centered and fully visible.

Now, the problem is that a large chunk of the OSD is off the sides and
bottom of the screen. Changing the overscan/underscan settings in the TV
Playback Settings section scales the TV image as well which I don't want.

So, my question is, is there someway to scale the OSD without scaling the TV
image?

Thanks,
Mark