[mythtv-users] Getting "modprobe ivtv-fb" to run at startup

Tobias Luetke tobi at neech.de
Sat Jan 17 19:36:33 EST 2004

Jason wrote:

This here is my modules.conf entry which causes the machine to pull in
everything needed when i add ivtv to autoload :

alias char-major-61     lirc_i2c
alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1
options tuner type=8
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c ivtv-fb

By the way, i always have to run linux console in framebuffer mode
otherwise loading ivtv-fb overtakes fb0 and causes havok.
Most of the time the console just freezes. But i can start x by typing
startx blindly.
Whats the common workaround for that ( i don't mind it much, i like the
little tux at the top of the screen while booting anyways )