[mythtv-users] Running X on PVR-350s Framebuffer

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Jan 18 17:54:16 EST 2004

Am So, den 18.01.2004 schrieb Steve Dwyer um 23:45:

> I have now changed that, but that still doesnt solve my problem that ivtv
> and ivtv-fb is not loaded before X tries to use the frambuffer /dev/fb0. Any
> Ideas?

Yes :-)

You could include an alias line for the framebuffer device in
/etc/modules.conf to autoload ivtv-fb when accessing that device.

I don't use that, because the ivtv drivers are not fully matured so I
like to have more control. I have a script in /etc/init.d that loads
them for me.

If you don't know the sysV init system have a look at my sig.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough