[mythtv-users] searching the EPG database

Dave W nospam1 at 3wlogic.net
Mon Jan 19 11:09:17 EST 2004

Forgive me if this has been answered before...

I'm wondering if there is a way to search the electronic program guide for a
program by keyword, rather than first-letter-of-name.  On my DishNetwork
receiver I can search for a few letters or a word and it'll come up with any
program with the search word in the title or description.  This would be
a Nice Feature.

Also, I noticed when searching for a program called "The Woodwright's Shop"
that it's in the EPG but not listed when I search alphabetically under The
or Wood.

Am I missing something really obvious in both of these cases?

With the enhanced search function, the EPG would be a handy program as a
standalone application for those would would rather search on their PCs than
on their satellite receivers.

david w