[mythtv-users] searching the EPG database

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Jan 19 15:46:22 EST 2004

Dave W wrote:
> Forgive me if this has been answered before...
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to search the electronic program guide for a
> program by keyword, rather than first-letter-of-name.  On my DishNetwork
> receiver I can search for a few letters or a word and it'll come up with any
> program with the search word in the title or description.  This would be
> a Nice Feature.

0.14 will have a separate "Search Listings" menu with keyword
searches for titles or descriptions as well as lists by channel,
category, movies, or new titles.

> Also, I noticed when searching for a program called "The Woodwright's Shop"
> that it's in the EPG but not listed when I search alphabetically under The
> or Wood.

I don't have this title in my listings but I did find that
other titles with single quotes (') are not listed in the
Program Finder. This must be a bug.

> Am I missing something really obvious in both of these cases?

First one, maybe if you were using CVS ;-). Second, no, thanks
for pointing it out.

--  bjm