[mythtv-users] ATI remote wonder lirc config file anyone

Jeff Mottishaw jmot at mottie.com
Tue Jan 20 03:02:00 EST 2004

I am running 2.6.1 (or attempting to) and finding many difficulties..
After applying a patch (Flameeyes') to add lirc support to the kernel,
and applying another patch (that I received from the lirc mailing list)
to fix atiusb support in the Flameeyes' patch .. I finally have a kernel
that supports the remote properly..

I was then informed that I was to use driver = none, and point it to
/dev/usb/remote0 which should work apparently..

But alas, I cannot get lirc to compile from cvs.. I have sent a note to
the lirc mailing list and am hoping that I will be able to get it up and
running soon.

I don't really understand what lirc does.. I think that's my flaw.. I
had used the gatos driver in the past, and was able to input numbers,
and letters.. Etc, isn't that all I really need working?

Basically use the gatos driver, configure my keys.txt, and tada, it
works..

Maybe you can fill me in on why lirc is needed in our configuration...
Or why it would be preferred over the gatos driver (as the mouse support
is great)

I've had nothing but problems with 2.6 kernel, this is the first I've
run it, which wasn't the best time to switch from 2.4, but I figure its
worth the learning curve, I'm in no hurry.

jeff