[mythtv-users] Help! MythDVD rips are failing

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 09:32:27 EST 2004

Was wondering if anybody could help me out... I haven't been able to
successfully rip a DVD for some time... the last time I can recall a
success was probably some time before 0.13.  What happens is that the
DVD rips okay, then at some point (I think maybe after the first
transcoding pass) it just fails.  mtd either hangs or crashes.  Before,
when running CVS from early December, mtd & all its spawned processes
would appear hung.  This last time around (with CVS from 1/09) I let it
run overnight, and this morning none of the processes (including mtd &
any of the transcode processes it spawns) are there, and I am left with
a ripped .vob file and a twopass.log file.  No avi files anywhere to be
seen.  Absolutely nothing on my box has changed in the last 6 months or
so, other than upgrading to Myth CVS now and then.  I've got enough
disk space & my permissions are all OK.

I have transcode-0.6.8, if that makes a difference.  Any thoughts?

TIA,

JAC