[mythtv-users] Cant load ivtv

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jan 20 11:33:52 EST 2004

At 08:02 PM 1/19/2004 -0800, John Barton wrote:
>1.  I believe it is /lib/modules/linux-2.4.22-21mdk/
>
>2. 2.4.22-21mdk
>
>3. 2.4.22-21mdkcustom
>
>4. /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-21mdk/drivers/media/video/ivtv.o
>    /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-26mdk/drivers/media/video/ivtv.o
>    /home/kaffine/ivtv/driver/ivtv.o

This is your problem. modprobe is telling you the truth, since it expects
to find ivtv.o in
/lib/modules/linux-2.4.22-21mdk/drivers/media/video/ivtv.o, and it is not
there.

Just a guess now ... but when you changed KERNELVER in the ivtv Makefile,
did you perhaps *also* change MODDIR, but forget to mention it here? If so,
change it back, and that might fix your problem. In any case, the normal
make and make install process for ivtv should NOT put a copy in
/usr/src/linux... anywhere.

[...]