[mythtv-users] Hard Lock

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Tue Jan 20 11:59:04 EST 2004

MythTV-at-C4L wrote:
> I've forgotten what it means, but my system was locked this morning with
> the keyboard lights flashing.  Now I had been running the system all day
> yesterday without a single hicup.  It was solid!

The keyboard lights flashing is a sign of a kernel oops.

> Last night before bed, I exited live tv to the "TV" menu and left it.
> When I looked at it 8 hours later, it was in the locked state.
>
> I looked in the "messages" file and nothing looked out of place.  I do
> have Shorewall running on the box, and the last entry in the "messages"
> file is a "DROP" log entry added by it.

Are you referring to /var/log/messages? I don't know jack about Mandrake
or Shorewall. Is all of the syslog configured to go into
/var/log/messages like most distros? If so any signs of what happened
(if there are any) would be in there unless you have a serial console
connected.