[mythtv-users] using replay's hardware

David Bishop tech at gnuconsulting.com
Tue Jan 20 13:51:51 EST 2004

Well, I actually was more interested in having something that plays
mp3s/oggs/etc., divx's of t.v. shows I have archived, and various other
things that only Myth offers, via various modules.  I don't have cable or
satellite, and have only a small number of shows that I watch on a weekly
basis (Scrubs, Tru Calling, and um, that's it I think).  So it's quite
possible that the replay hardware wouldn't be able to keep up, even if I
could get linux on it (what type/speed cpu, for instance? I know tivo has
some 50Mhz thing that can't decode divx).  But like I said, the formfactor
and bundled remote makes the replay a tempting-looking machine.