[mythtv-users] RH9 with SATA drive

schepens at shaw.ca schepens at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 20 15:15:23 EST 2004

I'm setting up a new SATA hard drive in preparation for installing MythTV, and I'm wondering whether anybody's accomplished this before!  The drive is a Seagate, and the motherboard uses Promise FastTrak 376 chip.

When I boot with the Red Hat 9 CD 1, it says I have no installable media (i.e. it can't find a hard drive).  I tried building the block storage driver floppy but using this doesn't get me any further.  Do I need kernel modules in order for this to work or is it just a BIOS configuration / setup thing?  Or can a SATA drive even be used as a primary disk?

Thanks in advance,

Gerald Schepens