[mythtv-users] install of mythtv-suite under fedora errors

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 21 02:15:22 EST 2004

On Jan 20, 2004, at 18:10, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2004, at 8:35 AM, Darren Mak wrote:
>
>> I followed your guide to the T up until this point, so unless some of
>> the
>> Fedora options I chose setup that repo I have not idea how that got
>> there.
>>
>> Might you be able to point me in the direction to fix this?
>
> I've got a freshly installed FC box I'm in the process of updating
> everything on, so I'll keep a lookout for that one. Like Jim
> suggested, it may be something that came from a repo Axel just added
> to his default apt sources.list, as he has a new release as of
> yesterday....

Okay, I'm seeing some of those fdr packages now. They're coming from
apt.kde-redhat.org, and they are broken as all get out... It looks like
they were just added, and not fully tested. My system now has multiple
copies of at least one rpm installed now for some reason... Axel?
(cc'ing Axel directly) Who should we be talking to about these tanked
packages? Rex Dieter, I assume, but I don't see contact info for him
(and I have no urge to join another mailing list at the moment ;-)...

Right off the bat, before even getting to the mythtv-suite install, I'm
getting a gtk+ package sucked in, and it fails some part of its %post,
and the end result is two gtk+ packages installed. I have yet to get to
the redhat-artwork problem.

For now, I'd rpm -e the conflicting packages, comment out
apt.kde-redhat.org in /etc/apt/sources.list, apt-get update and try
installing mythtv-suite again.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...