[mythtv-users] I Had it... For a little while

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Wed Jan 21 15:25:34 EST 2004

Chance Grissom wrote:

> Ok Here it is.
>
> I just finally set up my myth box 2 days ago.  I tested it, it worked
> fine and I left it alone. Yesterday I started tweaking it trying to get
> the transcoder working full time, it didn't seem to work.
> Watching 'live tv' is not a problem however whenever I have a scheduled
> recording it records the first 19 or so secs of the program and stops.
> Also when I go into 'delete recordings' and try to delete the messed up
> shows it loses connection with the backend.
>
> I really dont know what I did wrong.   I tried tuning off all the
> transcoding options thinking that is what it was but no dice.  (I guess
> that doenst really make sense because it doesnt transcode till after the
> program is finished anyways)   Is there like a reset options button or
> does some know what I did wrong?
>
> I have a PVR 250 running mytv .13
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chance

Are there any error messages from the backend? You might try running it
in a consol window for debugging purposes with the -v option. Is there
enough space on the hard drive? I haven't seen myth only record like
this. With live tv, are you able to go back further than 19 seconds, is
it working if you pause tv and come back in a few minutes?