[mythtv-users] What do you do with your Myth box?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 08:09:49 EST 2004

I have a pvr-250 and a pvr-350, athlon and 512megs, 40 Gig and 120 Gig,
a big black tower case with two huge fans that is very quiet, a wireless
keyboard/mouse combo, and a learning remote that just learns key-strokes
from the keyboard (actually I have like 5 of these, non of them really
good).  An old tv for now and no sound system yet.  I have a Tivo that I
think is great but my mythbox is better :-)

I have an a/v switch behind the tv, set it to "A" and it bypasses
everything myth related so "the witch" can watch tv and not complain.  I
must admit though, she does like a few of the things myth can do,
specially how she can just put a cd in (or plug the camera) and upload
the photos so she can view them on the tv.

Right now I use the tv, weather, gallery, and I used to use the dvd and
video modules BUT right now they don't work too well with the 350
tv-out.

I've tried the music module but I keep having problems with it
(segfaults!!) but I have not put much effort into figuring out what's
up, unfortunately I have to work for a living :-( and more unfortunately
I wasn't good enough to get a programming job  :-) !

My goal is to have everything going out of this box. tv, video, dvd,
music, games, photos, FM radio (off the 350)...  I plan on adding one
more 250, a really big HD, a nice sound system, a nice tv (got the money
for this last one but I can decide whether to wait for Intel...) and by
then the folks at MythVoiceRecognition will have their module ready and
I'll be set.

Anyway, I hope this turns out to be a good thread... I'm looking forward
to getting a few good ideas.

-jose-