[mythtv-users] What do you do with your Myth box?

Wouter Lagerweij wouter at lagerweij.com
Thu Jan 22 11:54:29 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:00, Russell Gordon wrote:
> The DVDs I make are turning our great
> other than the fact that you can only get 1.25 to 1.5 hours of shows on
> them (since they are not layered like the movies you buy in the store).

If you're willing to sacrifice a little in quality, a lower bitrate can
allow you to fit more on a DVD. In Ulead, the easy preset for this is to
be found under the 'create disc' (I think that's what it's called, the
entry in the upper left on the last screen, where you tell it to
transcode and burn) menu. I think the maximum length is 240 minutes,
with a 1800 kbs bitrate. The quality of that is rather disappointing,
though, so I'd take a little higher quality.

Wouter