[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug on tv_grab_uk

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 13:12:33 EST 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 12:21, Richie Jarvis wrote:
> Ah - read this:
>
> *Personal Non-commercial Use Limitation.*
> Any material found within the pages of *www.radiotimes.com*,
> including text or images may not be copied, reproduced, republished,
> downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for
> your own personal non-commercial use. You will not edit, adapt, alter
> or create any derivative work from any of the material contained in
> this site.
>
> So - does XMLTV 'edit, adapt, alter or create any derivative work'?

Well, IANAL, but I think it doesn't matter, as long as it's only for you
own 'personal use'.  Processing the data and making it available to
others is would not be 'personal use', as then it would be a
'derivative work' that is 'copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded,
posted, broadcast or transmitted' for use by other than yourself.  So
you can download the data for yourself & process it with XMLTV, but you
can't feed the downloaded data (whether processed by XMLTV or 'raw') to
anyone else.

-JAC