[mythtv-users] SAA7133 angst!

Derek Watson Derek.Watson at intergen.co.nz
Thu Jan 22 14:55:17 EST 2004

Does the card have the traditional RF tuner enclosed in a metal case or
is this missing?

I recently acquired a couple of flyvideo platinum cards (SAA7135) which
advertised as the replacement for the flyvideo 3000, but found that they
don't work in linux yet. The problem is that a new philips all silicon
tuner/encoder chip combination is being used instead of the old analogue
RF components. The SAA7134 driver obviously doesn't know how to turn on
the encoder or drive the tuner.

If this is the case, I don't think you'll get it working for some time.
I returned the cards in the end and exchanged them for bog-standard
flyvideo 3000 cards which work great.

Derek.