[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug ontv_grab_uk

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Thu Jan 22 16:01:23 EST 2004

>From the States here, so sorry if this isn't as helpful as I think it could be.

That being said...why couldn't you just write a simple perl-type spider and use Yahoo's listings found at?

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/

It shouldn't be too hard to write a spider like this and get all the info that you need.  This would also get around the slow access times and the fact that they want you to pay for it.  Just a thought.

After writing the spider it shouldn't be too bad to get the info into mySQL, or just convert it into the XML format that it currently reads and modify the mythfilldatabase to take the file.

Again, just throwing that out there

Scott