[mythtv-users] [OT] Looking for an Aopen MK79G-1394 mobo in the US

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 11:25:44 EST 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 03:33, Owen - lists wrote:

> > > for sale

> > > Here's a close one, perhaps no 1394?  With 3 PCI slots, that
> > > should be easy to overcome.  ;-)
> > >
> > > http://www.directron.com/mbmk79gn.html
>
> I purchased the mk79g-n after a fruitless search for the -1394 as
> well. Do note that the on board TV Out function (S-Video and
> Composite) is not functional as Aopen sells it to be. The required
> adapter is proprietary and no Aopen reseller stocks it. I have
> contacted both my reseller (Axiontech) and Aopen and 3 weeks later I
> finally made one myself.

Hmmm, isn't the Composite/S-Video bracket supposed to come with the
board?

> Only now can I settle in and figure out why I get the initial video
> boot screen to display on my TV (with the video memory check) and
> nothing more. X86Config looks right so maybe I need to install the
> latest drivers? I am running the Nvidia script referenced in Jarod's
> writeup installed when I had a different Nvidia card in the system to
> bypass the problem mentioned above.

This is making me want to just go with a regular (read: non-nForce2)
uATX board (with IEEE1394) and use my AGP GF4MX card.  Maybe the money
I'll save by not getting an nForce2 IGP + MCP-T board will cover the
cost of a second GF4MX, as I don't really want to take the one I have
out of my current Myth box.

-JAC