[mythtv-users] Audio Crackling

Frank Linhares frank at diskshop.ca
Fri Jan 23 11:59:45 EST 2004

I'm wondering if anyone has come across this before ...

I have finally gotten my 200l to work with my echostar receiver (Thanks
greatly to Eric Aversa for all of his help), mind you it was a headache
to do so, but at least it's now working.

You know the saying, fix one problem, cause another.  Every-time myth
changes channels I get a quick freeze in the picture, and then the
audio starts to crackle, has anyone run up against this before.

I have done some reading and people suggest turning on "Use extra audio
buffering", but that only seems to work with a tuner card that does
hardware encoding, not one that does software encoding (plus it never
cleared the problem up)

If anyone can jump in and give me some ideas I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks

frank.linhares