[mythtv-users] All Kinds of Setup Problems - Revamped!

Roger Obando roger at blitzds.com
Fri Jan 23 14:00:56 EST 2004

Ok...started it up from scratch and it went beautifully....I only had
one problem and it was that I had updated to the newest
atrpms-kickstart-20-1.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm kernel and that caused some
conflicts when trying to install myth-suite...I had to remove the
redhat-artwork package and then it went fine.  I see one of the biggest
problems I was having is that I was going into my Motorola Box first
(AT&T Digital Cable) and then from the out of that box into my Myth Box.
When I go straight from the wall into the MythBox it works fine.  I
still haven't gotten around to setting up the TV-out but I just need to
put the time in I think.

I was having a bit of audio troubles where the audio would go away
sometimes and be replaced with a very light crackle but I haven't tried
using the "extra audio buffering" I'll do that tonight.

I guess my big question is does anybody know how to get Myth to work
with AT&T Digital cable...I can't receive any of my digital channels the
way I have it set up now.  Anybody gotten this set up correctly?

--rO