[mythtv-users] Setting up Directv

Ramon Cendejas ramcend at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 03:06:02 EST 2004

I successfully installed Mythtv 0.13 and was able to watch and record local
broadcast channels with no problems.  Now I want to use my directv receiver
but I am running into problems.  I am not able to change to channel three.
I only have access to change channels that were identified by xmltv.  I have
gone through mythtvsetup and used local broadcast and directv and ran
mythfilldatabase but I never get access to channel three.  I am able to view
directv using xawtv when the channel is set to 3.  After looking all over
with google, I only found how to remove channels from mysql database.

Question: How do I set access to channel three so I could use my directv
receiver?  I'm using an AverTV Studio tv tuner.

Thank You.