[mythtv-users] Multiple Backends

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Sat Jan 24 11:44:23 EST 2004

> What about the following steps to solve it?
> 1. On the master, run the backend setup and clear the cards, then exit.
> 2. On the slave backend, do the same thing, then define the tuner cards
> there.
> 3. On the master backend, go back into backend setup and define the
> cards.
>
> That way, if the master and slave tuner(s) have the same xmltv source,
> recordings will take place on the slave first, no?

Yes, that should just be a variation on the "Advanced Setup" as specced
in the HOWTO.  The first card in this case would be on the slave, but if
the slave isn't registered with the master backend then the first card
on the backend will be used.  And by first I mean as configured; there's
no reason why /dev/video1 couldn't be first rather than /dev/video0 as
far as I know.  Try it and let us know!