[mythtv-users] XVideo refresh bug?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Jan 24 23:25:46 EST 2004

	OK... I just posted on my video board I built that converts from RGB/HV
to Composite/SVIDEO.  It works great and is excellent quality on the tvout
(readable text on xterms, etc).  The trouble is whenever using XVideo "-vo xv"
to play, I only get the top half of the video.  The resolution I'm using is
720x480, at NTSC timings... so 720x480 at 29.97 Hz, interlaced.

	I discovered it with Mythtv cutting the bottom of the screen off
(including the OSD).  If mplayer is used with '-vo x11' it work properly, but
with '-vo xv' it only shows the top half.

	So, the question is two-fold:  Are there some adjustments on min/max
framerate for XVideo, and/or can mythtv be told to use some other video driver
(like x11 rather than xv) in the meantime?

	I hope my question is clear... What I'm doing is a little bit weird,
but so far the quality I've gotten out of it is worth the trouble.

Thanks,
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*