[mythtv-users] Kind of offtopic - how do you make a DVD under linux?

Wouter Lagerweij wouter at lagerweij.com
Mon Jan 26 22:45:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 15:56, Shawn Asmussen wrote:
> Brian Johnson said:
> > What programs are recommended for someone wanting to convert VCR tapes to
> > DVD?
> >
> > I have a DVD writer and a video capture card that works with video4linux
> > drivers .. now I need some apps

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm working on following some of these
guides:

http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/dvdauthor_howto.php
http://gecius.de/linux/dvd.html

They explain how to create a DVD, including transcoding the video
material that you have, creating menu's, creating the DVD format and
burning the dvd.

Wouter

--
Wouter Lagerweij <wouter at lagerweij.com>