[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jan 26 17:21:11 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Gary Dawes wrote:

> Working for me now. I had to edit the channels database, and update some
> of the xmltv ids to match what is in the tv_grab_uk_rt channels.id file.
> I also needed to amend my .xmltv file in my .mythtv directory. Once I
> had gotten all that correct - I ran mythfilldatabase --update which
> repopulated the database without generating the "i've already got data
> for that day so I'll skip it" error.

I edited the channel_ids file and added the extra channels but it still
claimed they didn't exist.  I've just set up a fake front page with all
the channels in on my local web server and hacked the PERL script to look
at that - really messy but it seems to be working (although I get warings
about the channel descriptions not matching coz I didn't bother to add the
channel descriptions to the fake page).  I'm sure there should be a better
way than this but I couldn't see it - it was just ignoring anything that
wasn't listed on the radiotimes front page when I tried it,even with the
latest CVS version. :(

> Have you applied the patch from the XMLTV project page on sourceforge
> for the extra channels from RT?

The only patches I can see on sourceforge are a GUI configurator and
support for the radio listings...

> One problem still remains though. The Sky movie channels have the XMLTV
> id setup as the ananova was e.g. 1.movies.sky.com but RT fails to
> download them. any clues? Does anybody know what the correct ids are for RT.

The stuff I setup for the movie channels in my channel_ids file is:

widescreen.premier.sky.com:261:Sky Premier
1.movies.sky.com:257:
2.movies.sky.com:251:
3.movies.sky.com:258:
4.movies.sky.com:252:
5.movies.sky.com:259:
6.movies.sky.com:253:
7.movies.sky.com:260:
8.movies.sky.com:255:
9.movies.sky.com:254:
1.cinema.sky.com:249:Sky Cinema 1
2.cinema.sky.com:250:Sky Cinema 2

Although I don't get the movie channels so haven't actually tested it.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/