[mythtv-users] Using gdm for automatic login/re-login

Shawn Asmussen asmussen at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 17:45:23 EST 2004

> Hm... gdmconfig (aka gdmsetup, depending on distro) has always had a GUI
> option for "automatically log this user in after X seconds" for as far
> back
> as I can remember, at least in Red Hat strains... (just double-checked;
> its
> there back at least as far as RHL7.3/Gnome 1.4).
>
> - --
> Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

I'm sure that the feature has been in there for a long time. I had just
never used it before, and all I found when I was searching for automatic
startup info in the mythtv mailing lists were references to the one time
only automatic login feature. The timed login feature seemed very well
suited to a mythfrontend setup, and since I hadn't seen anybody mention
it, I just thought I'd throw out a blurb in case anybody found the info
useful.

Now if I could just get my IR Blaster to control my cable box...
Arrrrrgggghhhh.....

Shawn Asmussen