[mythtv-users] Re: The Three Features MythTV is Missing from Perfection

Jeff jeff at intersystems.com
Mon Jan 26 21:23:30 EST 2004

At 12:49 AM 1/27/2004 +0100, you wrote:
> > 2. Anti-ESC mechanism that warns you before exiting or changing a
> > channel while you in a LiveTV buffer -- losing a buffer because of
> > accidental keypress sucks!
>
>This has been suggested a number of times, but I don't see anyone
>actually implementing it.  I think the general consensus is that you
>can just schedule the program to be recorded and watch it near-live to
>obtain roughly the same effect.

It might be nice if.....
....when you're watching a program MythTV automatically records it from
when you start watching it. Then if you decide to press R to record it, you
can save it from where you started. Maybe it already works this way, I'm
not sure. This would handle the case where someone presses ESC by
continuing to record until another channel is actually selected or until the
show ends. If the show ends and it wasn't saved with R, it gets discarded.
I'm sure there are refinements.

...just a thought.

Maybe a nice little 1st project when I'm ready to dive in. I'm not sure (hard
to tell without poking around first). Still have to get my bttv card to
play nice
with my PVR250 card first.